Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lipstick Love

For my next post I thought I'd share with you all my deep and unrequited love for lipstick. Because of my blond hair and fair skin, I am an absolute SUCKER for red lips. However, recently I have branched out into lighter, sheer shades.




YSL - Rouge Pur Couture in 1AAA| Gosh - Velvet Touch Lipstick in 145| Miss Sporty - Perfect Colour Lipstick in 010 Part Girl| Sleek - Pout Polish SPF 15 in 947 Pink Cadillac




YSL - Rouge Pur Couture in 1AAA| Gosh - Velvet Touch Lipstick in 145| Miss Sporty - Perfect Colour Lipstick in 010 Part Girl| Sleek - Pout Polish SPF 15 in 947 Pink Cadillac



  YSL - Rouge Pur Couture in 1AAA| Gosh - Velvet Touch Lipstick in 145| Miss Sporty - Perfect Colour Lipstick in 010 Part Girl| Sleek - Pout Polish SPF 15 in 947 Pink Cadillac


So, I've chosen my four favourite lipsticks of the month. Firstly, there is my small indulgence in YSL. I love the depth of the colour and the smooth texture once first applied. This lipstick has real staying power, as I only need to re-apply a couple of times during a night out.



 YSL - Rouge Pur Couture in 1AAA

 
Love the packaging, but it is clearly not suited to photography (hence the lovely reflection of my camera).

Next is my absolute favourite, cheaper alternative to YSL. I found this little gem about two years ago and absolutely love it! It's pink/ coral hue works really well with my fair skin tone, and looks great on an evening or during the day. I am a big fan of moisturising lipsticks and this is just that. Its extremely easy to apply and keeps my lips soft.
 
 

 Gosh - Velvet Touch Lipstick in 145

I am aware that in this photo it may not look that different to it's pricey alternative, however I assure you it is! Perfect for a fan of moisture, gloss and coral hues.

Recently, I have fallen back in love with nude lipstick. As I was thinking about an appropriate lipstick for the awards ceremony I have recently attended, I realised that sometimes I can put the red lipstick down and choose a paler palette.
 
 
Miss Sporty - Perfect Colour Lipstick in 010 Party Girl

This again is a glossy lipstick. I really like the pink colour as it blends well with the natural pigmentation of my lips. This was an absolute steal at only £2.99 from Boots. However, I have to say that this doesn't have great staying power, and can potentially leave lips quite dry.

When I do have dry lips, I reach for my favourite Sleek Lip balm.


 Sleek - Pout Polish SPF 15 in 947 Pink Cadillac

This is great for day-wear as it's shiny but not sticky. It leaves my lips moisturised all day and is a must for holidays. For a big tub it's around the £5 mark, and believe me it's worth every penny.
 
Love, Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment