Monday 3 September 2012

Subsitute for Urban Decay's 'Naked' palette?

 As promised in the title of this post, for me this is the perfect substitute for Urban Decay's "Naked" palette. I do own the palette in question, yet I received it as a gift and will therefore be seriously stretching the purse strings when the day comes to replace it. I absolutely love it, and so began on my quest to find a cheaper alternative. I also fancied finding something with the main colours I use in my "Naked" palette, which tend to be brown, bronze and gold hues.
 

Famous High Five Eye Shadow palette in Glitzy

First of all, the packaging is a little tacky. However, do not let this put you off! Inside the lid, there are five eye shadows of different types. I am a big fan of metallic shades and textures, therefore this is absolutely perfect for me. Because of my blue eyes and fair skin, my favourite colour in this palette has to be the top right gold corner, as it is almost identical to Urban Decay's "Half Baked" and has really good staying power.


Famous High Five Eye Shadow palette in Glitzy

Moreover, this palette is much more travel friendly. I know it doesn't have as many colour choices as Urban Decay's cult product, but this suits me perfect, as I only stick to these shades in the larger palette anyway. It's compact size means packing lightly for days at university or even a holiday becomes much easier, as it fits much better inside my make-up bag.


Famous High Five Eye Shadow palette in Glitzy
 
I personally cannot fault this product. It's only obvious disadvantage is the limited choice of colours, but for around the £5 mark I don't really think you can go wrong. The eye shadows are really good quality and the packaging isn't overly tacky, so I definitely think I would purchase this product again.
 
You can buy this palette from Superdrug.
 
Love, Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment