Friday 31 August 2012

Chubby Stick vs Korres vs Revlon Lip butter

This Summer, I've fallen in love with pinky/red shades of lip colour. I've also been on the hunt for the perfect addition to my beach handbag. Therefore, I thought I'd review my three favourite moisturising lip tints for you all.


Clinique Chubby Stick. Moisturising lip colour balm in 15 Pudgy Peony 

So, like I've said in my previous posts, I am absolutely gullible to great advertising. I've been wanting to try one of these before, and so when I saw their new advertising campaign at the beginning of the summer I was pushed over the edge. I also loved Clinque's wide range of colours and decided to go for 15 Pudgy Peony as I do not own a lip colour similar.


Clinique Chubby Stick. Moisturising lip colour balm in 15 Pudgy Peony



Clinique Chubby Stick. Moisturizing lip colour balm in 15 Pudgy Peony

Firstly, I really like the packaging of this product. Its simple and the colour of the tube reflect the colour of the moisturising lip balm inside. I did a few tests of different colours on the back of my hand, and decided to settle on this one. I like the texture of it and overall it does seem to keep it's promise of a moisturising lip product. However, I do feel that the it does lose colour dramatically.

My Korres Lip Butter does not suffer from this ailment. This deeply nourishing product retains it's dark hue after one application. I absolutely love this lip balm, I honestly think it's amazing.


Korres Lip Butter in Plum 


Korres Lip Butter in Plum

I really enjoy the simple packaging and the tub form that it comes in. I don't really suffer from dry lips, but nevertheless I can honestly say that my lips stay moisturised throughout the day with the product. I really like the variation of shades which Korres has to offer and I will be very tempted to purchase more.

The only downside of this product for me is the messiness. I am not a fan of tub lip balms because even though I like the way they look, I have no idea what to do with my balm-coated finger after I have applied. I would love for this exact same product to be in stick form, but for now I shall use Revlon Lip Butter.


Revlon Lip Butter in 075 Lollipop


Revlon Lip Butter in 075 Lollipop
 
Yet again, I really like the packaging of this product (ongoing trend here.) Truth be told, this is actually a really lovely product. The colour when applied to my lips and the texture is unquestionably good, and my lips do not dry out one bit. I would definitely buy this product again.
 
Love, Sally x


4 comments:

  1. Pudgy Peony is the best name ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about the Korres thingy magingy. I love them but they are a bit messy.
    If you like the revlon lip butters try the l'oreal rouge caresse lipsticks, they're the same kind of dealio as the revlon lip butters but the width of the actual lipstick is much betterrrr and they have great coloorrrssssss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do have the korres ones in sticks on ebay you just have to have them shipped from greece but theyre the same price! :) ive had some of their face products sent over, they're all brand new and sealed and dont cost any more xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys, it seems my problem has been solved! x

    ReplyDelete